Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Blog #7

It was quite difficult to pick a research topic, it took weeks, then finally my husband said "pick a topic your interested in, the idea's will flow".  I hate to admit it but he was right, I like archery it's something I started because of my husband, and about a week before he gave me this idea, we were at my daughter's school talking to her gym teacher about starting an archery program.  He said he was working on it but getting alot of negativity from the school board, I then decided to do some research on it and if I found good things about it, we could present it to them. It wasn't difficult to find, many schools around the country are doing it and the testimonials we really encouraging.  It's a sport that as a society has been forgotten.  Most people think of robin hood when they hear bow and arrow, but it's really much more than that.  There's a concentration and a technique to it and like golf you compete with yourself.  If you don't follow through the same way every time you won't do well.  We also noticed that some of our prestige's colleges still had archery teams, and awarded scholarships.  I don't know anyone who doesn't want the help of a scholarship.  My next thing was to find out if kids would like it and be enthusiastic if it was offered, because that's the real reason for offering it in the first place.  Again the testimonials were out of this world!  The kids not only liked it they embraced it they were excited, also the best thing was you didn't have to be the typical "jock" to be good at it anyone could do it even children with handicaps.  It was an exciting topic to research, and I hope by the time I'm able to get my teaching degree it will be offered in our school.

No comments:

Post a Comment